Thursday, August 6, 2009

Five Pounds of Flour

Five Pounds of Flour is intended to help families on a budget prepare outstanding foods. Are you one that is always loading your cart with expensive prepared foods? Well being a culinary student at the Culinary Institute of Charleston I have learned a lot, but have learned even more feeding my family for the past thirty-three years. When money's tight awe your family with unbelievably easy to prepare meals that will be a winning knock-out.

I thought this through and found that with just five pounds of flour you can feed your family quite well for a week. Does your family love Pizza, Pasta, artisan breads and even dumplings?
Well let me amaze you with your own skills of which you don't need any. If you can read you can do this. Give me a week and 30 minutes of your time and you are going to be the star.

My families favorite is pizza on the grill. Yep, I know, people are always dumpfounded when I say that you can make pizza better than anything you will every buy at the local pizza parlor, at home, in less than 30 minutes with less than 20 cents in flour, a dollar's worth of cheese and meat or veggie toppings. My family begs me to make this and our friends couldn't believe it. I learned the technique while we were on a trip to Rome. Check in tomorrow for recipe and instructions. I guess I'll have to make pizza tonight for dinner so I have a photo to show off on the blog tomorrow.

I'm in the process of writing a book and look forward to sharing it with my blog too.

See you tomorrow; get ready!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I think I finally got signed in. Yes, I love that pizza. Wish we were there for you to make it for us. That bread I really like too. Can't spell it---foccacia or something like that. Look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Roberta. I know how you love great bread.
    ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete