Thursday, November 28, 2013

Southern Fried Turkey at our house today! EASY, EASY!

We're getting the turkey ready for his fryer bath shortly in our Butterball turkey fryer.  We bought this last year and with no open flame there's no fire danger.  I LOVE IT!

I remember the first year I made a turkey for my then boyfriend, no husband and friends.  I forgot to take the giblet bag out and when we cut into it, so embarrassing. Everyone has disasters but even with that mistake, which I never will make again, it still was a great turnkey.

Today our turkey is being fried so I didn't want to put any butter under the skin so I went to the garden and got fresh rosemary and garlic and pureed it and put it under the skin.
 
 
 
 
 
I like to use Billy Bones rub for the outside to give it lots of great flavor too.  Just pour it and rub on.


 
Then the heart and gizzards, Scottie's favorite
Don't forget to rub those as well as they make a great snack for the chef.
 
 
Then into the great fryer basket.  Our 19 pound turkey fits great but this is the maximum that the Butterball Fryer can handle.  This was the smallest I could find this year.  Must have been a bonanza year for turkeys!



 Then into the Butterball Fryer for 80 minutes.  Just sit back and relax and let the fryer do it's thing.
 
Can't wait to have the first bite.  I better get back in the kitchen and get sides finished.
Happy Feasting!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment