Saturday, January 11, 2014

What do you think of the new Audi self driving car that debuted at the Electronics show?

Having worked in law enforcement and having worked traffic for many years I don't know how this will impact travel on the highways.  There are a number of highways in the EU that have unbelievable speed limits and cars being driven to their limits so putting vehicles put there that have Electrinics assisting in the decision making- well I really don't know 

It could be a good thing in giving distracted drivers a helping hand in breaking or anticipating an accident but not having been to a dealer to check it out I'll have to wait until I can test drive one.  

If anyone has had the experience please share I know it will be an interesting topic in the future for travel.  

Remember distracted driving kills. Even if its only for a second. A few weeks ago on our trip to Gatlinburg we were less than 2 miles from home when a deer ran across the road. Thank God I hadn't reached for my cup if coffee or looked down to get a Kleenex or I would have hit her. With my total attention on the road and I was driving 10 miles under the speed limit on the rural road, I came within inches if broadsiding it  my antilock brakes bucked three violent times before halting just hairs from little muss!  Boy was I glad it was 4:00 am and no other traffic was on the highway. Would the Audi have been able to maneuver this? 

Stay safe and have a great weekend. We're off to report on the Home and Garden Show here I. Charleston South Carolina 

No comments:

Post a Comment