Saturday, December 7, 2013

A Christmas gift you can make today!



With the holidays closing in on us I've got another speedy Christmas gift idea you can make this morning so dust off the sewing machine and get at it! I will try to give you ideas each day for simple things you can make for friends and family in a hurry.  Be sure to check in every day and I'll have something great for you to make.  Tomorrow use old wool sweaters to make a great scarf.

I have to confess I started making canvas bags for friends and family earlier this year. Right now I'm in the rag quilt phase of production.

 I even had a tag made to sew in it to gift it a little more personality. The label I ordered online but its probably getting late for that but you might still have time but keep in mind it took about 10 days to receive mine.

I thought of a crazy name that I knew family and friends will get the point; BEACH WHALE". Everyone who knows me well knows how much I hated going to the beach before I lost weight ( check out my web page for before and after pictures- travelingskinny.com). So Beach Whale was an appropriate name.  If you look up the definition of Beach Whale that is how I felt before I lost 83 pounds.  I've kept it off for 17 months so I think I've made lifestyle changes that will allow me to keep it off and manage my weight in the future.  I'm now a lifetime member of Weight Watchers but still a sweet-a-holic but I've learned to manage it.


 
 
                        BEFORE AND AFTER
 
   

I found a free pattern online and sewed the whole line of bags from canvas in varying colors. Some if the bags have drawstrings so I went to a ship rigging repair shop near the wharf here and bought the nautical rope for the pulls.





Get sewing time is of the essence.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment