Thursday, December 12, 2013

Another great Christmas idea to make TODAY!

Do you have any old windows or you might want to head out to Habitat or a local salvage store to find one to make this great window.  

I removed the three bottom glass and cut small squares of wood to fit after I traced the window I removed and then painted them with chalk board paint from Lowes.  The top glass I painted with glass paint from Michaels or you can get it from A/C Moore.  Makes a great gift and you can make it in a couple of hours.  You can also paint the frame with Anne Sloan chalk paints or just leave it. 


If you want to paint the frame you can get a sample of colors at either Lowes or Home Depot for less than $3.00 and get just a small amount so no waste buying a quart.  The hardware stores are a great source of crafting supplies too.

 

 
I also made one to honor our UPS guy when he visited our front porch.  This snowman greets him each day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment