Monday, December 9, 2013

Another fast, easy Christmas gift you can make in less than an hour. Today Chalk painting with Anne Sloan

This is one of my favorite refinishing projects.  No sanding, no stripping before painting.  I use the Anne Sloan Chalk paint on everything.  When I was in London working with the London Metropolitan Police I came across Anne Sloan, a local lady that started the chalk paint revolution.  It was a great learning experience and I've made some great transformations with it.  Here are a few.

The rusted lanterns





An old directors chair I painted red and added Game Cocks fabric

 

 This was the ugliest nightstand and I transformed it with a little tape to mask off the stripes and an $2.00 stencil to make the star with a stenciling brush.  EASY STUFF.
 


Hunt your house for pieces with great bones but your sick of the color or finish on them.  You don't need to strip the stain or finish just paint right over it.  In less than an hour you'll have a great rebirth.

I found this old wooden box on the Island one morning at a yard sale.  It was a wonderful piece by itself.  Then I decided I wanted it up off the floor and a couple of weeks later my daughter brought me the headboard and footboard to an old twin bed that my husband and I cut down and screwed to the ends of this great quilt box.  It made a wonderful storage box and sits proudly in our family room
 hiding all the magazine and storing quilts. 





You'll have to find the paint in a craft or specialty store as they don't sell it in Lowes or Home Depot. Check online for dealers.  Also if you go to Anne Sloan.com she has ideas for paint combinations to create many different tones with a couple of paints.  Have fun let your Freak Flag fly with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment