Thursday, December 26, 2013

What to buy at the day after Christmas Sales.

 "After Christmas" sales this year were seen in many stores even before December 25th.  We were in World Market, Palmetto Moon, and even Saks Fifth Avenue and they were offering Christmas food items and decorations at 50% off on the 23rd.  Today should be a windfall as well.

We're going to venture out to see what we can find.  I like to have Target on my list for Christmas Decorations but not for 3 or 4 more days.  If you're looking for really great Christmas cards I find that I can usually get them for 80%-90% off if I wait a few days.  Yes they will be picked through but I've found some great ones still waiting to be plucked for a couple of bucks for $13.00 cards.

New Years Day is ALWAYS a windfall for me.  I shop for the next year at Dillards and the bargains are mind boggling.  They have Christmas decorations that are lingering are already marked at 50% or more off and they have another 30% or so off that reduced price.  You won't believe it.  Last year I purchased a $400 set of Curtis Stone pans for $87.00.  Unheard of.  I also purchased Guy Fieri knives for 75% off.  A $100 knife for $22.00.  This was also the day to purchase a bathing suit.  I purchased a suit that was $150 for $2.27.  Yes that's what I said.  Of course I got 4 of them but this is definintely the time to buy what the stores feel they need to dump. 

Joanne's Fabrics has 70% off Christmas Decorations and another 30% off the 70.  They had a limited supply when I was there on Monday at our store and but we were in Columbia, S.C. store and they had A LOT of things to pick from.

I would love to hear of your great finds so get out there and hunt!  Today will be a great day, a Thursday when most folks have to work.  Hopefully there won't be as many shoppers but be prepared.

Remember it's only a bargain if you actually need it and don't put it on a credit card that you have to pay interest on.  Then it's definitely not a bargain if you're paying interest on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment